Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1
Setting Up Cayan Genius Handheld
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

Setting Up Cayan Genius Handheld

by glowfish » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:27 pm

Hello
    I have done a search to set up the cayan handheld to run a charge but didn't find anything. I have the unit, the merchantware credentials and the IP address for the genius. I could not figure out how to do a static IP address but it says you may not have to do that. I am trying to figure out how to get this thing up and running but don't see any directions. Hoping I don't have to call in. Please point me to the right place or give me a call if necessary.
    Thank you and have a great weekend!
    Vanessa
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

Re: Setting Up Cayan Genius Handheld

by glowfish » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:34 pm

https://www.retailedge.com/help/usingme ... tems_2.htm

Found this. Sets me up but it didnt ask for a signature, the whole point (I hate those slips of paper), so now I need to figure that part out.

Thanks!
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

Re: Setting Up Cayan Genius Handheld

by glowfish » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:42 am

I contacted Cayan and they say the Genius is by default going to divert you back to receipt to sign and that they will be able to change that setting with the handhelds serial number. I will be doing that today with them on the phone. If there is anything more I needed to do I will post. Sounds like it should be easy.

I am hoping that if there is any issue with handheld that I can simply delete the IP address in the cc payment option 1 in tools and that it will go back to the swiper.
Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1