Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1
Non-stock items
  • Jubili
    New User
    New User

Non-stock items

by Jubili » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:22 pm

For non-stock items, such as labor or classes, is there a way to bypass the "cost" field, and just enter a retail price? I know I can label an item as "non-stock" in the Stock-type field, but I still have to enter a cost for the item. Thanks.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Non-stock items

by RetailEdge Moderator » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:28 am

There is no way to bypass the cost field. Every item has to have a cost so that when it is sold RetailEdge can calculate the cost of goods sold. If the price of a non-stock item is changing frequently then you might want to consider using a Department SKU stock type. A Department SKU item still needs to have a cost put in with the item, but the cost is calculated based on the average margin for the department associated with the item. For instance, if I have a department X that has an average margin of 50%. If I create a Department SKU item ABC associated with department X, then when I sell the item for $5.00 RetailEdge calculates that the cost of the item is $2.50. If I sell it again for $3.00, RetailEdge calculates that has a cost of $1.50.

Let us know what you are try to do, and we will try to come up with a useful solution for you.

Jubili wrote:For non-stock items, such as labor or classes, is there a way to bypass the "cost" field, and just enter a retail price? I know I can label an item as "non-stock" in the Stock-type field, but I still have to enter a cost for the item. Thanks.
Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1