Post Reply 5 posts Page 1 of 1
Matrix Dimension
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

Matrix Dimension

by glowfish » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:22 pm

I tried creating my first table but it says you can't have more than 15 dimensions. We just got a necklace line that comes in 2 lengths and 18 different stone types. What should I do?
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

Re: Matrix Dimension

by glowfish » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:26 pm

I'm a ding dong! 15 character limit!!! Not the number of dimensions!!!! Let's see if this works.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:54 pm

Glad you figured it out. We were wondering what was happening since RetailEdge supports 3 dimensions of 100 elements each. So you can have a pretty big matrix of items. At first we thought you might be trying to to work with the Shopify integration. Shopify does not support that many dimensions (variants in Shopify Speak, only 100).

The 15 character limit is because we allow stock numbers of up to 50 characters, and if you make the Element name too long (e.g., Black Onyx with Gold Flecks) when this value gets appended to the Stock Number and/or Description you can can exceed this limit. Hopefully 15 works for you.
    glowfish wrote:I'm a ding dong! 15 character limit!!! Not the number of dimensions!!!! Let's see if this works.
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

by glowfish » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:28 pm

Thanks! Now I'm curious how easy shopify integration is. I can't handle keeping up with inventory in two places.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:03 pm

We think it is pretty easy. There is a little setup required. If we assume you need an hour of installation and training it would be $120. But if you need less we only charge you what it takes.

Then the integration is $25/month. It will push your product up to Shopify and keep your inventory quantities and pricing the same as your RetailEdge database. If you want we also support using the Price 2 - 5 fields for pricing as many customers are doing web pricing that is different from in-store pricing.

If you want to discuss how this would work in more detail, just give us a call with any questions you have.

glowfish wrote:Thanks! Now I'm curious how easy shopify integration is. I can't handle keeping up with inventory in two places.
Post Reply 5 posts Page 1 of 1