Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1
Stock number already exists
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

Stock number already exists

by glowfish » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:47 pm

I am inputting new items and I am getting a pop up that says the stock number already exists. I close the window and it adds the item to the PO but then I have been getting error popups and it asks me to send a report to retail edge which I do. Not sure what is going on. I updated and this seems to have happened right around the same time.
    Thanks
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Stock number already exists

by RetailEdge Moderator » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:14 am

I am not sure why you are getting an access violation after getting this error. However, if you are getting this error, there might be something wrong with how you are entering items into your Purchase Orders.

First the stock number for an item is the unique identifier for the item. So if you are getting this error, you are entering a Stock Number (SKU) that exists in your inventory. Open the inventory manager and see if the item is there.

Second, you should consider using the Quick Lookups feature when adding items to a PO. This way RetailEdge will do an incremental search on the items and as soon as you type in the SKU, it will pull in all the information for that item from the inventory into the form. A forum topic on this can be found here.

Lastly, it you don't want to use Quick Lookups as it can be slower on large inventories and it can incrementally pull in more information than you want (especially when using UPCs for your stock numbers), then you should be pressing the Enter key after entering the stock number for the Item. This will pull all the relevant item information from the inventory if the item exists. So you will know that this item exists (or doesn't) before you get a warning message.

This will automatically populate all the fields for an
    glowfish wrote:I am inputting new items and I am getting a pop up that says the stock number already exists. I close the window and it adds the item to the PO but then I have been getting error popups and it asks me to send a report to retail edge which I do. Not sure what is going on. I updated and this seems to have happened right around the same time.
    Thanks
Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1