Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1
Issues with Star TSP100
  • nlburt
    New User
    New User

Issues with Star TSP100

by nlburt » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:55 pm

I'm currently running a demo version of RetailEdge in preparation for switching the store I manage from an old POS system and by-and-large I love it. But I'm having a problem getting my receipt printers to work correctly.

If I set it to Tape Style - Serial Via Windows Printer Driver it does print, cut, and kick open the cash drawer perfectly, but the receipt itself looks off, as though the printer is trying to fit too many columns and printing the extra characters on the next line. So basically they come out long and jumbled looking.

I tried setting it to Tape Style - Windows Printer, Star TSP100, 72mm x Receipt (like the FAQ recc), and they print beautifully. However, the printer bugs out and continuously feeds out paper until I manually end the print job, which also doesn't trigger the cash drawer to open. I have the latest driver installed, and obviously it works fine with my current POS system, but I can't figure out what else to do.

Is there something else I'm missing or should I try an older print driver?
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Issues with Star TSP100

by RetailEdge Moderator » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:25 pm

I would give our technical support a call. They can troubleshoot this probably pretty quickly. I have not heard of any issues with the TSP and they are pretty bulletproof and one of our go-to receipt printers.

I have heard of some other POS systems tweaking the drivers. So maybe a complete uninstall and reinstall of the driver might do it.

When calling into technical support with a sales issue, you should just leave the message with the issue and they will get back to you as soon as they are finished dealing with the support queue. But it should not be too long.

nlburt wrote:I'm currently running a demo version of RetailEdge in preparation for switching the store I manage from an old POS system and by-and-large I love it. But I'm having a problem getting my receipt printers to work correctly.

If I set it to Tape Style - Serial Via Windows Printer Driver it does print, cut, and kick open the cash drawer perfectly, but the receipt itself looks off, as though the printer is trying to fit too many columns and printing the extra characters on the next line. So basically they come out long and jumbled looking.

I tried setting it to Tape Style - Windows Printer, Star TSP100, 72mm x Receipt (like the FAQ recc), and they print beautifully. However, the printer bugs out and continuously feeds out paper until I manually end the print job, which also doesn't trigger the cash drawer to open. I have the latest driver installed, and obviously it works fine with my current POS system, but I can't figure out what else to do.

Is there something else I'm missing or should I try an older print driver?
Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1