Post Reply 1 post Page 1 of 1
How do I setup my Payment Methods with the Genius Device?
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

How do I setup my Payment Methods with the Genius Device?

by RetailEdge Moderator » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:49 am

If you are using the Genius Device from Merchant Warehouse to process credit cards, the process for taking credit cards is a little different and to speed up the sales process you should:

1. Set up your payment methods (from the Tools|Payment Mediums List).
    2. Set the cc type on the payment methods appropriately (Visa cc type Visa, etc.).
    3. Set the payment method order to have the most common method (Visa?) to the top of the list.

When you process a credit card sale you no longer need to think about which payment method to use or ask the customer which payment method they want to use. You should simply choose Visa every time. On the traditional sales screen the cursor will be placed in the Visa payment method by default and so they just need to press the plus (+) key. On the touch sales screen just double click the Visa button or press Exact Amount and then Visa. Since Visa is the most common type of payment taken, 95% of the time this will just process normally. When someone swipes an AMEX, RetailEdge is smart enough to convert this and will ask you if you want to switch the payment method for the sale.

Ultimately this is going to be a faster, easier way of processing credit cards and give you the resolution you need for you payment method reports although there may be a little learning curve to get through. If you want more information about Genius from Merchant Warehouse just click on the link.
Post Reply 1 post Page 1 of 1