Post Reply 4 posts Page 1 of 1
Toshiba Tec 572 Label stocks
  • Donaromas Nursery
    New User
    New User

Toshiba Tec 572 Label stocks

by Donaromas Nursery » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:24 pm

I read this thread that stated how Retail Edge can print onto vinyl tree tags with a Tec 572 printer, http://www.retailedge.com/phpBB/viewtop ... 667&p=2056 I have attempted to load the printer stock with no luck. I had no problem using the SQL file provided to get my Zebra printer working, but am having no luck loading a 1x5 tree tag for the Toshiba Tec 572 Printer (B-sx5t.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Toshiba Tec 572 Label stocks

by RetailEdge Moderator » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:06 pm

The key to RetailEdge printing to any label printer is that the label size needs to be defined in the driver. Otherwise RetailEdge does not know how to properly format the label (size, number of labels etc.). In the case of the 5 Up - 1" x 10" tree tags you would need to create a label definition in the driver called exactly:

Label 1.00 x 10.00 - 5 Up (TreeTag)

Ever driver is different and so you need to determine where to load new label stocks. If the Toshiba driver does not allow you to load stocks you might want to try one of the Seagull drivers.

We can always create custom label definitions for you if you need it. Typically it takes about 15 to 30 minutes to create one if we can use the data from another label that we know works. Many times we can do this without having the printer in house. However it goes much faster if we get the printer sent to us for testing. In the case of these existing pot stake and strip (tree tags) we did have the printer from a local nursery that we used for testing.

Donaromas Nursery wrote:I read this thread that stated how Retail Edge can print onto vinyl tree tags with a Tec 572 printer, http://www.retailedge.com/phpBB/viewtop ... 667&p=2056 I have attempted to load the printer stock with no luck. I had no problem using the SQL file provided to get my Zebra printer working, but am having no luck loading a 1x5 tree tag for the Toshiba Tec 572 Printer (B-sx5t.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Donaromas Nursery
    New User
    New User

by Donaromas Nursery » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:39 pm

I was hoping for a 1 up, 5x1 tag that I could use. I can load new stocks to the printer, but unfortunately none of the sizes available in RetailEdge match the 5x1 that we use. I have considered using the Solo 4 Pot Stakes, even though they would be an inch short, that will get the job done. The problem I've had using them is that the driver adds the dimensions to the end of the stock name so I am having trouble creating one to match the undefined solo 4. Thanks for the quick response.

ex. Mine comes out as "Solo 4 - Pot Stakes (4.00 in x 1.00 in)" I hope we can change to a 5" width, but any compatibility would be appreciated.

Thanks again,
    Dave
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:11 pm

I am not sure if the driver adding the dimensions matters. The key is to see how it displays in RetailEdge. If it displays as a short 1 x 4 label in the middle of the page you are good. If it displays as an 8.5 x 11 sheet with a label in the corner it is not set properly.

Try the 1 x 4 and see if you can get it to work. If you can then is should be a short job to get a new label to work with your 1 x 5s. If not, then we can dial in and try to tweak it but no guarantees about success or amount of time that might take.

Donaromas Nursery wrote:I was hoping for a 1 up, 5x1 tag that I could use. I can load new stocks to the printer, but unfortunately none of the sizes available in RetailEdge match the 5x1 that we use. I have considered using the Solo 4 Pot Stakes, even though they would be an inch short, that will get the job done. The problem I've had using them is that the driver adds the dimensions to the end of the stock name so I am having trouble creating one to match the undefined solo 4. Thanks for the quick response.

ex. Mine comes out as "Solo 4 - Pot Stakes (4.00 in x 1.00 in)" I hope we can change to a 5" width, but any compatibility would be appreciated.

Thanks again,
    Dave
Post Reply 4 posts Page 1 of 1