Post Reply 6 posts Page 1 of 1
Zebra LP-2844 Issue
  • jkspirit
    New User
    New User

Zebra LP-2844 Issue

by jkspirit » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:25 pm

We are still evaluating in demo mode, but will purchase within 2 weeks. I've gotten everything setup and running, except the zebra LP-2844 label printer. I've tried a couple different drivers, both with same results... No matter which way I go about it, Retailedge will only print blank labels... I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and test pages print fine.... I've upgraded firmware, reset printer to factory defaults, etc etc. What am I missing here? I consider myself computer literate as it's what I do for a living... The only thing I can assume is that it's the size of label that I'm using... It's the standard label size that came with the printer(4x9) or so.... I'm just wanting to confirm it'll work before purchasing a bunch of labels...

Thanks!
  • jkspirit
    New User
    New User

Re: Zebra LP-2844 Issue

by jkspirit » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:59 pm

I'm totally guessing that I need to set up the label sizes to match what is in retail edge? I read that during print preview, the label should appear in the middle of the page rather than the upper left?
  • jkspirit
    New User
    New User

by jkspirit » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:10 pm

Fixed it! It was in fact what I described.... I should learn to heed my own advice...lol

The stock sizes have to match the retailedge stock size in the program...
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:08 pm

The 2844 should not be a problem. Just to clarify:

1. You are using a TLP2844.
    2. The label displays correctly in RetailEdge (in the middle of the page with all the appropriate information).
    3. Windows 7 64 should not be a problem

If this is the case, then everything should print fine, since we are just using the windows driver to send the job to the printer.

Does the job go into the printer queue for the printer?

If not I would try removing the printer driver and reinstalling the printer. Then restart RetailEdge.

Let us know more and we will try to help out.

jkspirit wrote:We are still evaluating in demo mode, but will purchase within 2 weeks. I've gotten everything setup and running, except the zebra LP-2844 label printer. I've tried a couple different drivers, both with same results... No matter which way I go about it, Retailedge will only print blank labels... I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and test pages print fine.... I've upgraded firmware, reset printer to factory defaults, etc etc. What am I missing here? I consider myself computer literate as it's what I do for a living... The only thing I can assume is that it's the size of label that I'm using... It's the standard label size that came with the printer(4x9) or so.... I'm just wanting to confirm it'll work before purchasing a bunch of labels...

Thanks!
  • jkspirit
    New User
    New User

by jkspirit » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:43 am

Yes, everything is working now... I imported the .drs stock sizes into the printer defaults of the driver. I then made sure to select the corresponding stock size so that it would match the stock size in retailedge... All is good now...

We'll be calling next week to purchase the full copy...

Thanks!
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:51 pm

Great news. Talk to you then. Have a great weekend.
    jkspirit wrote:Yes, everything is working now... I imported the .drs stock sizes into the printer defaults of the driver. I then made sure to select the corresponding stock size so that it would match the stock size in retailedge... All is good now...

We'll be calling next week to purchase the full copy...

Thanks!
Post Reply 6 posts Page 1 of 1