Post Reply 4 posts Page 1 of 1
receipt printer settings
  • lpnva
    New User
    New User

receipt printer settings

by lpnva » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:29 pm

We're using the Star TSP-100 receipt printer. I was wondering if anyone knows the settings for it. We finally got it to print our receipts the way we want, but it won't cut the paper.

The only time I was able to get it cut the receipt automatically was with whatever the default settings were, but it would spit out about 10 inches of a blank receipt before it would cut.
  • RetailEdge Mod 154
    New User
    New User

Re: receipt printer settings

by RetailEdge Mod 154 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:10 pm

The trick with all printers is to first verify that you can successfully print a Windows test page from the Windows Printer driver.
    Once you can print a test page you will want to do the following. Within RetailEdge go to Tools/Settings/Workstations and then choose the option for modify from the right hand side. Be sure that you are only modifying the workstation you are standing in front of. Once you have the workstation settings open you will want to locate the tab titled Receipt Printer. Then choose the option for Tape Style Via Windows Printer Driver. Your printer name should be the Star TSP 100 or something similar. This list is populated from your Windows Printer list. Your device name should be the Start TSP-100 Series Receipt Printer. Then hit save.

This should get you printing again.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:59 am

Also take a look at this posting if your receipt paper is to long after making that change.

http://www.retailedge.com/phpBB/viewtop ... 547&p=4534
    lpnva wrote:We're using the Star TSP-100 receipt printer. I was wondering if anyone knows the settings for it. We finally got it to print our receipts the way we want, but it won't cut the paper.

The only time I was able to get it cut the receipt automatically was with whatever the default settings were, but it would spit out about 10 inches of a blank receipt before it would cut.
  • lpnva
    New User
    New User

by lpnva » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:21 am

I double checked all of this and everything works fine. Even the test pages will cut at the bottom. Printing anything has never been an issue. It's just that when we print a receipt, the printer won't cut the paper automatically. I was thinking it might be a setting under Devices or it's a setting on the printer iteslf. I may see if I can contact the manufacturer this week.
    triopos wrote:The trick with all printers is to first verify that you can successfully print a Windows test page from the Windows Printer driver.
    Once you can print a test page you will want to do the following. Within RetailEdge go to Tools/Settings/Workstations and then choose the option for modify from the right hand side. Be sure that you are only modifying the workstation you are standing in front of. Once you have the workstation settings open you will want to locate the tab titled Receipt Printer. Then choose the option for Tape Style Via Windows Printer Driver. Your printer name should be the Star TSP 100 or something similar. This list is populated from your Windows Printer list. Your device name should be the Start TSP-100 Series Receipt Printer. Then hit save.

This should get you printing again.
Post Reply 4 posts Page 1 of 1