Post Reply 5 posts Page 1 of 1
print labels Zebra lp2824
  • wildman
    New User
    New User

print labels Zebra lp2824

by wildman » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:57 pm

I installed a Zebra LP2824 printer, and have set it up in Retail Edge. I can print one label at a time, but can't print a group. example I receive a po which has 50 items. I choose labels, it tells me how many pages of label there are. It will then print the first label on each page rather than all the labels. I have to go to receiving and print them one item at a time. How do I correct this?
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: print labels Zebra lp2824

by RetailEdge Moderator » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:50 am

Sounds like you are missing label stocks in your driver. The key to having RetailEdge print labels properly is to have them display properly first. If the displayed label/report looks like a small label in the center of the screen, then you are probably ok. However, if you are looking at an 8.5 x 11 sheet with one label in the corner of the sheet, and you are not trying to print to a large sheet, then the driver needs to be properly setup.

Zebra in all of their infinite wisdom have removed the label stocks from their drivers. Just like any application, RetailEdge needs to know how to properly format the barcode label. If it does not find any (or incorrect) size information in the driver then it will just print to the default 8.5 x 11 sheet.

You are not the first to have this issue and this is why we have created a Sticky FAQ on the subject.

Please take a look at this forum topic for more.

http://www.retailedge.com/phpBB/viewtop ... f=4&t=2145

P
    wildman wrote:I installed a Zebra LP2824 printer, and have set it up in Retail Edge. I can print one label at a time, but can't print a group. example I receive a po which has 50 items. I choose labels, it tells me how many pages of label there are. It will then print the first label on each page rather than all the labels. I have to go to receiving and print them one item at a time. How do I correct this?
  • wildman
    New User
    New User

by wildman » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:36 am

That looks to be over 100 lines of text. Where do I have to type all this at. I tried to copy and paste it to my computer, but that dosen't work. Do I have to create something and replace the driver?
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:46 pm

No you just need to create the Stocks. Most of the time you are going to be printing to only one label size and so it is easy to just put in the ones you need. Here is the list

Label 1.18 x 1.00 (2 Across)
    Label 1.20 x 0.85
    Label 1.50 x 1.00
    Label 2.00 x 1.00
    Label 2.20 x 0.50 (Jewelry)
    Label 2.25 x 0.75
    Label 2.25 x 1.25
    Label 2.25 x 4.00

Cut and paste this into the name of the stock you are creating and you should be good to go.

wildman wrote:That looks to be over 100 lines of text. Where do I have to type all this at. I tried to copy and paste it to my computer, but that dosen't work. Do I have to create something and replace the driver?
  • wildman
    New User
    New User

by wildman » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:05 pm

OK that worked, now how do I move the text box over on the 2.25 x 1.25 NO PRICE? I found the sql for the label w/price & that works fine, but it doesn't move it over on the no price which is the label we use most. It just prints that last # of the Item # off the label.
Post Reply 5 posts Page 1 of 1