Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1
MPS Pin Pads
  • wildman
    New User
    New User

MPS Pin Pads

by wildman » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:09 pm

I just talked to Mercury Payment Systems about processing, They told me they don't sell or furnish the pin pads, that we have to get them from Retail Edge. I don't see them listed in the store, are they available? I would need 2 in USB versions.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: MPS Pin Pads

by RetailEdge Moderator » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:18 pm

That is correct and we can provide you with a quote if you would like. However, you should have Mercury (or PPI) take a look at your statements and determine if you need a PIN Pad and whether it will save you money.

With the Durbin Amendment, as of October 1, there are rate caps on Debit cards that make the use of Debit (with or without PIN). This cap only applies to the larger issuing banks (e.g. Citi, Bank of America, Wells Fargo), whose assets are greater than $10 billion. But if you do accept debit cards and the majority of these debit cards are from these issuers, then you would not need a PIN Pad and would not have to incur this additional expense.

If the majority of the debit cards you accept are from smaller banks (credit unions, local banks etc.) then doing PIN Debit with a PIN pad could save you money. But it depends on your volume and the amount of your transactions.

Contact Mercury Payment Systems to see about which is the best option for you.

Let us know either way and as I said I would be happy to send you a quote on the PINPads.
    wildman wrote:I just talked to Mercury Payment Systems about processing, They told me they don't sell or furnish the pin pads, that we have to get them from Retail Edge. I don't see them listed in the store, are they available? I would need 2 in USB versions.
Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1