Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1
Log purge error....
  • Jared
    New User
    New User

Log purge error....

by Jared » Tue May 24, 2011 5:09 pm

Upon starting Retail Edge it asks me to purge log files to keep backups smaller. I have tried this twice now within the month and both times it quickly pulls up a error message right after pass one saying it can't do it due to an error. Is something wrong or am I not doing something correctly? I am asking it to purge data from November 2010 and back. I do have the most recent update of retail edge 8.2 and I have tried restarting my computer both times before doing the purge. Feel free to call or post back here.

Thanks,
    Jared Powell
    Insane Paintball
    423-624-2121
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Log purge error....

by RetailEdge Moderator » Thu May 26, 2011 9:49 pm

Jared,

Have you tried verifying your database tables? And or just rebuilding them?

Does the error message give you any more information about what RetailEdge is having a problem with?

Let us know.
    Jared wrote:Upon starting Retail Edge it asks me to purge log files to keep backups smaller. I have tried this twice now within the month and both times it quickly pulls up a error message right after pass one saying it can't do it due to an error. Is something wrong or am I not doing something correctly? I am asking it to purge data from November 2010 and back. I do have the most recent update of retail edge 8.2 and I have tried restarting my computer both times before doing the purge. Feel free to call or post back here.

Thanks,
    Jared Powell
    Insane Paintball
    423-624-2121
  • Jared
    New User
    New User

Re: Log purge error....

by Jared » Mon May 30, 2011 10:15 am

Thanks alot...The rebuilding of the tables worked. The audit log table was messed up and it purged properly after I did that.

Do I need to purge info on all of my registers or just the main computer?

Secondly, how often should I do this. I purged all data up to November of 2010 but I wasn't sure if I should have purged it to a more recent date or not?

Thanks,
    Jared Powell
    Insane Paintball
Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1