Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1
2 questions
  • metanoia
    New User
    New User

2 questions

by metanoia » Fri May 26, 2006 4:49 pm

Hi,

Is there a way to set the starting sales ticket number? It would make it easier for us, so as not to have to break receipt records for us. We use a six digit number ex. 213438

Also, I am running into trouble doing an inventory import.
    I first exported inventory items to a ASCII file, opened up excel, and imported it in. The modified it in excel and saved it as a CSV file. When I go to import it back in it gives me the message that "invalid data file - missing start/ and or closing tags"

All I did was add an extra inventory item, and I changed the item number from a 2 digit to a 5 digit number for the new item.

What did I do wrong?

Thank you
    Andy
    Developer
    Developer

by Andy » Tue May 30, 2006 3:27 pm

Is there a way to set the starting sales ticket number? It would make it easier for us, so as not to have to break receipt records for us. We use a six digit number ex. 213438

Yes. We could make this change for you. You would email us a backup of your RetailEdge data, we would make the change, and then we would email you a backup of your new data.

Also, I am running into trouble doing an inventory import.
    I first exported inventory items to a ASCII file, opened up excel, and imported it in. The modified it in excel and saved it as a CSV file. When I go to import it back in it gives me the message that "invalid data file - missing start/ and or closing tags"

All I did was add an extra inventory item, and I changed the item number from a 2 digit to a 5 digit number for the new item.

When Excel creates the CSV file, it'll usually add commas to the open and close tags. If you look at the file created by Excel, you'll notice that the open tag might look something like:

<Invent_Open>,,,,,,,,,

You need to use an editor, such as Notepad, and strip out the excess commas. The tag should read:

<Invent_Open>

Hope this helps.
Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1