Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1
A really stupid questoin about "case"
  • Little Mountain
    New User
    New User

A really stupid questoin about "case"

by Little Mountain » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:03 am

We sell dog food cans. They come in a case of 12 or 24.
    Is there a way I can set it up so that when someone buys a case worth (of assorted flavors, individually) they automatically get a discount?

Not sure if this is possible or how I'd go about doing it.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: A really stupid questoin about "case"

by RetailEdge Moderator » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:12 pm

There is no automatic discounting of an item when you hit a particular quantity of that item (discount rules).

To handle this scenario, you should setup dog food cans with three different SKUs (one individual can, case of 12 and case of 24). You can discount the cases appropriately. Then simply count the number of items you are selling and enter the appropriate case or cases to get the correct discount.

This may adversely effect your inventory for these particular items. Depending on how your stock numbers (or UPCs) are setup in your inventory (different UPCs for each flavor, etc.), you might want to consider creating case parent items and look in the help file or manual on how UPC1 and UPC2 fields are used in the program.

Little Mountain wrote:We sell dog food cans. They come in a case of 12 or 24.
    Is there a way I can set it up so that when someone buys a case worth (of assorted flavors, individually) they automatically get a discount?

Not sure if this is possible or how I'd go about doing it.
Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1