Post Reply 6 posts Page 1 of 1
Cash register drawer
  • tcglobal
    New User
    New User

Cash register drawer

by tcglobal » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:24 pm

Hi,
    I have retail edge 8.2.13, everything works fine accept cash register drawer would not open with printer.
    I am using STAR TSP 100 future PRNT with Tape style-Via Windows printer driver.
    I have noticed CASH DRAWER POP section is empty.. What is the code for it?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Cash register drawer

by RetailEdge Moderator » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:05 pm

When you are using Tape style - Via Windows printer driver you should be selecting the TSP 100 device. By default this should have a drawer pop code of 7 and a duration of 0.

You should never have to touch this and it should have been setup in your devices already. If not, the device for TSP200 should work fine.

The workstation setting should be set to "Driven by Receipt Printer"

tcglobal wrote:Hi,
    I have retail edge 8.2.13, everything works fine accept cash register drawer would not open with printer.
    Thanks.
  • tcglobal
    New User
    New User

by tcglobal » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:06 pm

Thank you for your response.. I am still having same problem.
    I am using;
    Tape style-Via Windows printer Driver
    Printer Name: Star TSP100 cutter (TSP143)
    Device name: Star TSP-100 series Receipt Printer
    And works fine with printer. (I see another options like Star SP-200 printer works fine, not opening drawer but another option is TSP100 and printer is not working, giving error).
    Cash Drawer is set to "Driven by Receipt Printer. pop code of 7 and a duration of 0. Cash drawer also set to "open before printing".
    I tried all options but still not working.
    Thank You.

RetailEdge Moderator wrote:When you are using Tape style - Via Windows printer driver you should be selecting the TSP 100 device. By default this should have a drawer pop code of 7 and a duration of 0.

You should never have to touch this and it should have been setup in your devices already. If not, the device for TSP200 should work fine.

Thanks.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:22 pm

You mentioned another error with the TSP100. Are you able to print to this printer?

Some drawer cables are not bi-directional. So try flipping the end that goes from the drawer to the end that goes to the printer and visa versa. Also if you can let us know what it says on the cable. Cables are printer specific. A citizen cable won't work with a Star.

Rather than try a bunch of things, you could also call into our technical support and they would probably have you up and running in 5-10 minutes.
  • tcglobal
    New User
    New User

by tcglobal » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:20 am

You are right it was cable I reversed it.. Now it works.
    Thank you for your help.
    RetailEdge Moderator wrote:You mentioned another error with the TSP100. Are you able to print to this printer?

Some drawer cables are not bi-directional. So try flipping the end that goes from the drawer to the end that goes to the printer and visa versa. Also if you can let us know what it says on the cable. Cables are printer specific. A citizen cable won't work with a Star.

Rather than try a bunch of things, you could also call into our technical support and they would probably have you up and running in 5-10 minutes.
    tcglobal wrote:Thank you for your response.. I am still having same problem.
    I am using;
    Tape style-Via Windows printer Driver
    Printer Name: Star TSP100 cutter (TSP143)
    Device name: Star TSP-100 series Receipt Printer
    And works fine with printer. (I see another options like Star SP-200 printer works fine, not opening drawer but another option is TSP100 and printer is not working, giving error).
    Cash Drawer is set to "Driven by Receipt Printer. pop code of 7 and a duration of 0. Cash drawer also set to "open before printing".
    I tried all options but still not working.
    Thank You.

RetailEdge Moderator wrote:When you are using Tape style - Via Windows printer driver you should be selecting the TSP 100 device. By default this should have a drawer pop code of 7 and a duration of 0.

Thanks.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:22 am

Try 7. If that does not work 27
    Thanks.
Post Reply 6 posts Page 1 of 1