Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1
Shipping on PO
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

Shipping on PO

by glowfish » Wed May 13, 2015 8:51 pm

Is there a way to order Shipping on the PO form? I input all my items that I am ordering but I would like to keep track of the shipping I pay in the course of a year. I don't link inventory to qb and I would prefer to just file the invoices and not have to manually enter them into qb with shipping separated out. If you added shipping to the po ideally I would just be able to pull a report for shipping totals on received POs for a time period.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Shipping on PO

by RetailEdge Moderator » Fri May 15, 2015 3:17 pm

Sure. Just create an item and then add this item to the PO. This can be done before you issue the PO or added after for record keeping. The item should be separate from your sales shipping items (e.g., vendorship) and should be a non-stock item.

Tracking your total shipping costs will be easy by just doing a receiving history on the item vendorship.

Hope that helps.

glowfish wrote:Is there a way to order Shipping on the PO form? I input all my items that I am ordering but I would like to keep track of the shipping I pay in the course of a year. I don't link inventory to qb and I would prefer to just file the invoices and not have to manually enter them into qb with shipping separated out. If you added shipping to the po ideally I would just be able to pull a report for shipping totals on received POs for a time period.
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

Re: Shipping on PO

by glowfish » Fri May 15, 2015 6:03 pm

Duh!
    That makes sense. I did a item with a type Freight and had cost $1 and Price $1 and then I just went in and changed it.
    Works like a charm. Can't believe I didn't think of that.
    Thanks! :P
Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1