Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hot Key on sale item
  • wildman
    New User
    New User

Hot Key on sale item

by wildman » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:32 pm

Is there any way to have a hot key to post a comment on a specific item that would print on receipt. I know you can do notes, too time consuming.
    IE you ring in a item that is on clearance, You would hit the hot key and it would add your message "Clearance Item No Returns" or something similar, and this would print on the receipt following the item.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Hot Key on sale item

by RetailEdge Moderator » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:50 am

There are currently no canned notes you can use for posting comments. Interesting one though. I will add it to the suggestions.

One thing you could try doing is create a dummy SKU as an Addon item. That would have a description you are looking for. You can have Addons automatically populate when an item is added to the sales screen.

Another thing you could do is just add it to one of the four message lines on the bottom of the receipts. So during the period of your clearance you could just have it on every receipt and then remove it afterwards.

Thanks
    wildman wrote:Is there any way to have a hot key to post a comment on a specific item that would print on receipt. I know you can do notes, too time consuming.
    IE you ring in a item that is on clearance, You would hit the hot key and it would add your message "Clearance Item No Returns" or something similar, and this would print on the receipt following the item.
Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1