Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1
Sorting by Description
  • Handcrafter
    New User
    New User

Sorting by Description

by Handcrafter » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:34 pm

After the Vendor, Dept and class sorting options are applied, the items sort by stock #.
    I would like an option to have them sort by stock number.

The stock numbers are created in-house. The Descriptions for us start with the Vendors description or part #. So it would save steps if I could sort by description.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Sorting by Description

by RetailEdge Moderator » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:24 pm

Good suggestion I have added it to the list. A couple of suggestions (although it might not help at this point). One of the things we recommend you do is have consistent SKUs. This avoids this kind of problem. So you would have SKUs like

VEN-PartNumber/Style Number type scenario. We talk about this in the on-line help here.

http://retailedge.com/help/index.html?h ... iinclu.htm

The other thing you can do is export (press the Export button on the Report Viewer) the report to Excel. Then you can sort anything you want to your hearts content.

Hope that helps.

Handcrafter wrote:After the Vendor, Dept and class sorting options are applied, the items sort by stock #.
    I would like an option to have them sort by stock number.

The stock numbers are created in-house. The Descriptions for us start with the Vendors description or part #. So it would save steps if I could sort by description.
Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1