Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1
PO Default Field Controls
  • Handcrafter
    New User
    New User

PO Default Field Controls

by Handcrafter » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:23 am

Please allow some control setting the defaults fields for Purchase Orders.

The current settings require editing for at least 2 of the 4 date fields and the written by field for every Purchase Order. I have standard ways I fill in several of the fields and having those preset would save time repeatedly.

Request: Allow each workstation to set the default date & text
    Alternative Request: change the defaults to more commonly used settings. For example:

order date : Current Date
    ship date: Current Date
    Cancel date: +30 days
    Payment Due: ship date +30 days

Terms: Net 30
    Written By: Register Name
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: PO Default Field Controls

by RetailEdge Moderator » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:08 am

Just so we can make the suggestion as specific as possible, can you fill us in on

1. What default text would you like? What fields would you be using this text in?

2. What criteria would you like to use for the payment and cancel date? Where would we grab this information from? Maybe vendor terms? BTW the order and ship date should be defaulting to today's date already.

Let us know.
    Handcrafter wrote:Please allow some control setting the defaults fields for Purchase Orders.

The current settings require editing for at least 2 of the 4 date fields and the written by field for every Purchase Order. I have standard ways I fill in several of the fields and having those preset would save time repeatedly.

Request: Allow each workstation to set the default date & text
    Alternative Request: change the defaults to more commonly used settings. For example:

order date : Current Date
    ship date: Current Date
    Cancel date: +30 days
    Payment Due: ship date +30 days

Terms: Net 30
    Written By: Register Name
  • Handcrafter
    New User
    New User

Re: PO Default Field Controls

by Handcrafter » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:16 am

90% of my POs are net 30- so just having "Net 30" as a default would save time and avoid a blank field on the PO form.
    (There could be a "Terms List" under "tools" or "Vendor Management" to make this consistent; but this would only be valuable to me if it was a field in the Vendor manager)

Written By: Pull this from the Register Name. ( Can we edit the Register names without unanticipated effects?)
    (Alternately, could each pc remember & use the last text entered in this field?) (I prefer the register name for consistency

These would pull data based on the order date
    Cancel date: +30 days after order date
    Payment Due: +30 days after ship date
    (I would rather have these blank or an option to not show on the form vs having them pre-filled with today's date)

Thank You
    Stephen
Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1