Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1
Island not Connecting SOCKET ERROR#10060
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

Island not Connecting SOCKET ERROR#10060

by glowfish » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:37 pm

Tis the season...for computer problems!
    Of course my island is not communicating with our main and we need it to. I am not sure if this is an error I need you to fix or if I can do it on my end. I believe there was a corrupted file last time that needed to be repaired. If there are instructions on how to do that I would love a copy. If it is something I need you to do remotely that is fine too. If it is something I can get my computer guy to do that would be even better. We have had errors with them not talking based on the ip address but the island is set to obtain the ip and it is not fixed. Not sure if I can tell from the error number if it is an ip address issue or if it is an issue with a bad file. We have had some issues with the internet going out intermittently so not sure if that could have done it. People are freaking out that their loyalty dollars have not been applied but I am waiting till I get all the sales from island posted to main register. Hope you can help.
    Take care,
    Vanessa
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Island not Connecting SOCKET ERROR#10060

by RetailEdge Moderator » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:24 pm

A socket error is usually caused by the communications between the Island and the main server machine.

As you are probably aware our communication between your remote island and the server is done directly from one to the other and should be over a VPN.

When there is a communication error, the first thing to check is your VPN. Most people are using a software VPN like Hamachi. This gives you a secure encrypted tunnel and handles IP changes and so allows you to take your tablet/laptop on the road and connect from anywhere.

If your VPN is up and running then the next step is to see if your Island is pointing to the correct IP address for synching. If you needed to reinstall your VPN software for any reason, you might have had an IP change on the server. On your Island open and modify your workstation settings, and press the RetailEdge Island Tab. Make sure the Island Server Path matches the IP of the Server. With Hamachi this is usually a 25.x.x.x address.

These are the issues 99% of the time. But it certainly could be something else. At that point, you should contact technical support who can log in and get you up and running.

Let us know how it goes.
Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1