Post Reply 5 posts Page 1 of 1
Zebra TLP2824 Adjustment
  • jwol
    New User
    New User

Zebra TLP2824 Adjustment

by jwol » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:03 pm

Our price labels are .12in too far to the right and .06in too low.
    I've realigned the printer several times per the manual by holding down the feed button before turning on the power.
    I've added -300mm of X slip and -300mm of Y slip in edit workstation and there's no difference.
    I downloaded the SQL file from the Forum reply (8/17/07) on the same problem (Zebra 2824 Label Printer Adjustment) with a 2.25x1.25 label. When I looked at the file in Notepad before running it in RE it was written in some Asian text (???) but RE accepted it. Still no difference.
    I'm using a 1.2inWx0.85inH ZebraEltron 1 up label.

How can I adjust the print position??
    Thanks
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Zebra TLP2824 Adjustment

by RetailEdge Moderator » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:53 pm

A few questions:

1. Does the label display correctly in the page previewer when you print the label?
    2. Is the first label bad and then the others are OK?

If the print display looks good, then it is something wrong in the windows printer driver. You can play with some of the offsets and margins in the label definitions setup in the windows driver.

If you see that after printing multiple labels the labels are getting progressively worse, once again go to the driver. There is a setting that will do a TOF backup. What this means is that the driver will realign the label vertically after printing each label.

The Zebra printers align these labels by a sensor that either measures the gap between the labels or by seeing a black mark that is printed on the back of the label. The RetailEdge settings for printer slip have nothing to do with aligning the Zebra labels and are only relevant for page labels. Printer slip allows us to correct for the slippage that occurs when using different labels from different manufacturers through different types of printers.

jwol wrote:Our price labels are .12in too far to the right and .06in too low.
    I've realigned the printer several times per the manual by holding down the feed button before turning on the power.
    I've added -300mm of X slip and -300mm of Y slip in edit workstation and there's no difference.
    I downloaded the SQL file from the Forum reply (8/17/07) on the same problem (Zebra 2824 Label Printer Adjustment) with a 2.25x1.25 label. When I looked at the file in Notepad before running it in RE it was written in some Asian text (???) but RE accepted it. Still no difference.
    I'm using a 1.2inWx0.85inH ZebraEltron 1 up label.

How can I adjust the print position??
    Thanks
  • jwol
    New User
    New User

by jwol » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:34 am

1. The preview of a label looks great.
    2. All are ALL too far to the tight and low; not just the first label.

Please tell me how to "play with some of the offsets and margins in the label definitions setup in the windows driver". How do I access the printer driver?
  • jwol
    New User
    New User

by jwol » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:41 pm

I have the barcode printer set up to use either of two drivers to choose from. One is ZDesigner and the other is from Seagull Scientific.
    I don't care which driver I use but specifically, with either, how do I move the print to the left and up?
  • jwol
    New User
    New User

by jwol » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:55 pm

Well... I got one working OK using the ZDesigner driver BUT, the second and remaining labels are not lined up vertically. It's like it lost the label spacing. The first is OK but the second skips almost one complete label and ends up partially off of the 3rd label.

Suggestions?
    Thanks
Post Reply 5 posts Page 1 of 1