Post Reply 4 posts Page 1 of 1
PinPadError
  • wildman
    New User
    New User

PinPadError

by wildman » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:51 pm

The pin pads work on both registers, However when you swipe the card it recognizes the pin pad then pops up the error PinPadError_Parse.
    Hit escape to exit the screen enter the amount on the debit line, and enter the second time, it goes right through like it should. Seems like a timing issue, is there a way to change the time out on the pin pads? Or is there something else that needs changed?
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: PinPadError

by RetailEdge Moderator » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:03 am

Does this happen every time? Or only the first swipe of the day?

If you do two different sales with debit one right after the other, does it work?

Let me know. The parse error happens when you are not talking properly to the PINPad. So check that your baud rates for the virtual COM ports in the driver are correct. It might be that RetailEdge needs to set the settings first but is unable to. Another thing to check is that the USB port is not sleeping. That is what the double sale test is trying to check. If the ports are sleeping you will need to go into device manager and prevent this for the USB hub.

Let us know either way.

wildman wrote:The pin pads work on both registers, However when you swipe the card it recognizes the pin pad then pops up the error PinPadError_Parse.
    Hit escape to exit the screen enter the amount on the debit line, and enter the second time, it goes right through like it should. Seems like a timing issue, is there a way to change the time out on the pin pads? Or is there something else that needs changed?
  • wildman
    New User
    New User

by wildman » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:35 pm

It happens every time,
    Payment, Debit plus key enter brings up the card box,swipe card, initializing pin pad, ERROR. hit escape plus key swipe card and everything is fine until the next card.
    Where exactly do I check to see if it is sleeping?
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:42 pm

In your system settings from the Control Panel. Then in the Device Manager, you should see the USB Hub. There are usually some settings (hibernation, etc.) that will control how often the USB shuts off power to the hub to save energy.

I am not really sure if this is the problem, since these devices are totally powered from the USB hub and so I think you might see that the power to the device was shut off.

Another thing to check is the driver to see that these drivers are not doing something to shut down the device. You can try testing the port with the test utility you downloaded from the ftp site. This will tell you if you are having problems communicating through the virtual COM port the PINPads are setup on.

Let us know how it goes.

wildman wrote:It happens every time,
    Payment, Debit plus key enter brings up the card box,swipe card, initializing pin pad, ERROR. hit escape plus key swipe card and everything is fine until the next card.
    Where exactly do I check to see if it is sleeping?
Post Reply 4 posts Page 1 of 1