Post Reply 4 posts Page 1 of 1
HUGE PROBLEMS --- DONGLE DIED
  • Little Mountain
    New User
    New User

HUGE PROBLEMS --- DONGLE DIED

by Little Mountain » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:13 am

So, our dongle has died and WILL not allow the system to start unless it's demo mode which does nothing for me.

So what am I supposed to do? I'm sure no one is there now, nor will they be until Monday. That's 3 days of sales for us.

I have tried every usb outlet I can and some I can't find (lol) it WILL NOT come on. It's been doing this for a few weeks but taking it out and putting it back in usually fixes it.

I need a new dongle asap, like today.
    I can't believe this failed.

If it's not one thing w/ this system it's another.
    Andy
    Developer
    Developer

Re: HUGE PROBLEMS --- DONGLE DIED

by Andy » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:12 pm

The customer contacted RetailEdge technical support this morning (black Friday). A dongle new is being shipped to the customer with Saturday FedEx delivery.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:17 pm

If you are having other problems with RetailEdge all you have to do is let us know. We are aware of a number of suggestions and requests you have made and have been added to the list for future enhancements. However we are unaware of other problems you might have. So if you let us know what they are we can look into them for you.
    Little Mountain wrote: If it's not one thing w/ this system it's another.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:53 pm

There is no way to backup a dongle. A dongle is a hardware device that is the license for the program.

If a dongle is not recognized by RetailEdge and Windows it could be bad however before crimping the dongle, you should move it to another port on the machine and then another machine entirely to make sure that it is not a bad port on the machine, a device confilct or simply the machine itself.
    JandyT wrote:Is there a way to produce a backup of the dongle? For instance, can one save or copy the info on the dongle onto a disk or hard drive and then move it to another dongle or USB thumb drive? I know ours was acting up but it was fixed by crimping the end just a little to ensure a snug fit with the USB plug.
Post Reply 4 posts Page 1 of 1