Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1
Symbol LS-9100 Barcode Scanner, how to install?
  • ryangeneral
    New User
    New User

Symbol LS-9100 Barcode Scanner, how to install?

by ryangeneral » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:32 pm

Our store recently purchased a (to save money) used Symbol LS-9100-400BB barcode scanner. It came with a "25-65645-20" cable. It didnt come with any software or manuals, though I have read the manual thoroughly and can't find a solution.

I unplugged our pole display and plugged the new scanner in where it was. The scanner didnt do anything, nor did retailedge do anything. Is there as specific method to install the new hardware? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as we need the faster scanning speed for the upcomming holidays.

BTW, our old barcode scanner is a USB connecting type.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Symbol LS-9100 Barcode Scanner, how to install?

by RetailEdge Moderator » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:24 am

Ahh, the problems people see when trying to purchase scanners off of the internet. Anyway, this scanner is an old scanner and has been replaced with a SYM-LS9208SR17NSWR. This is a multi-interface scanner. However I can't find that cable part number in symbol's part list (discontued or not). This is going to be the key to determining how this scanner works. If it is a USB scanner, then it could be that it is something that works as a keyboard wedge (which will work with RetailEdge) or not. Some USBs connected scanners require HID drivers and RetailEdge does not communicate with these types of devices and drivers. If you find out that this cable is a standard USB Keyboard Wedge cable, then you probably just need to configure the scanner properly.

To see if the scanner will work with RetailEdge, just open a program like Notepad, and then scan the barcode. If you see the full value of the barcode (usually found as the human readable number below a UPC), followed by a carriage return, then this device will work fine with RetailEdge.

ryangeneral wrote:Our store recently purchased a (to save money) used Symbol LS-9100-400BB barcode scanner. It came with a "25-65645-20" cable. It didnt come with any software or manuals, though I have read the manual thoroughly and can't find a solution.

I unplugged our pole display and plugged the new scanner in where it was. The scanner didnt do anything, nor did retailedge do anything. Is there as specific method to install the new hardware? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as we need the faster scanning speed for the upcomming holidays.

BTW, our old barcode scanner is a USB connecting type.
Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1