Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1
Receipt printer error
  • allenstorm
    New User
    New User

Receipt printer error

by allenstorm » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:18 pm

I am using RetailEdge 8.2.33 on a PC running Windows 8. I had the system set up, and then unplugged everything and moved all the hardware, and once I got everything hooked back up, I get this strange problem. Whenever I ring up a sale, RetailEdge tells me that it is "Unable to access device 'Star TSP100 Cutter (TSP143) (Copy 1)'. Please check configuration in tools options." No receipt prints, and the cash drawer does not open. However, I can void a sale and print a receipt in that window with no issue at all. Windows can print to the receipt printer, and I can use the software that the receipt printer came with to open the cash drawer, so there is some issue that only exists within the "Sales" window of RetailEdge that is not allowing me to print a receipt or open the cash drawer. No configuration changes were made from the time that it was working fine to the time where everything was reconnected. Any help or tips that anybody has would be greatly appreciated.
    Anthony

Re: Receipt printer error

by Anthony » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:39 pm

There use to be an issue with the Length of the Receipt printer name in the Workstation settings. This has since been fixed sing RetailEdge Version 8.2.47. If you are having an issue with this on previous versions the solution would be to rename the printer to a shorter length and in the RetailEdge Workstation Setting repoint to the printer.
Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1