Post Reply 6 posts Page 1 of 1
Discount on Receipt
  • tiancai1986
    New User
    New User

Discount on Receipt

by tiancai1986 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:29 am

Dear All

I have setup and configured most of the setting correctly. I was able to print receipt properly. Currently I faced a challenge and was wondering did I miss out anything. During sales transaction, I applied a discount of 20% to my item. But detail on the receipt only show the direct price of item after discount. How do I configured so that tape receipt show either:

1.) Original Price
    - Discounted amount/percentage

2.) Item Name (discounted amount/percentage). Price

3.) or something similar?

Thank you for the help
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Discount on Receipt

by RetailEdge Moderator » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:13 pm

You should be able to set how you want the discount to display under the Advanced Receipt Options on the Receipt Options Tab when you edit your workstation settings.

Hope this does it for you.
  • tiancai1986
    New User
    New User

by tiancai1986 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:36 pm

After checking multiple times, i realized that my setting was correct. the issue was due to open price item. There are a group of items in my inventory was open price, which mean by default the pricing was input as $0 inside inventory manager. Reason been as the actual pricing will only be decided upon purchase.

For eg, i am doing tailoring for some of our client. Basically pricing will only be decided upon measurement and material is chosen. I will key in item as suit which is preset in the system, and after that apply individual row discount using the discount feature under sales manager. But upon printing receipt i realized that on the receipt, it did not indicate how much you save based on the original pricing like those standard pricing item which pricing was already set before hand.

I would like to find out is there a work around or any thing i can do so that my open price item can reflect the discount portion correctly? Thank you for your time.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:01 pm

That makes sense now.

What you probably should do is check the checkbox on the Misc tab of the item editor that says:

1. Sales Screen Ask for Unit Price.
    2. Then set your Sugg. Retail Price to be some high selling price you want to show discounts from.

Then when you sell the item RetailEdge will ask you for the selling price of the item. RetailEdge calculates sales discounts on inventory items by comparing the selling price with the Suggested Retail price of the item. This discount will then be displayed on the receipts and the sales reports.

One notable exception to this rule are non-entered items (entered by entering a 0 on the sales screen) and Department SKU items. Since these are specialized item types and are either not tracked in inventory or the quantities are not tracked in inventory, when you discount the item, RetailEdge will then show an implied discount based on the original price of the item as it was entered on the sales screen.

I think your solution will be to put in a suggested retail price for the item. But let us know if this does not work for you.

tiancai1986 wrote:After checking multiple times, i realized that my setting was correct. the issue was due to open price item. There are a group of items in my inventory was open price, which mean by default the pricing was input as $0 inside inventory manager. Reason been as the actual pricing will only be decided upon purchase.

For eg, i am doing tailoring for some of our client. Basically pricing will only be decided upon measurement and material is chosen. I will key in item as suit which is preset in the system, and after that apply individual row discount using the discount feature under sales manager. But upon printing receipt i realized that on the receipt, it did not indicate how much you save based on the original pricing like those standard pricing item which pricing was already set before hand.

I would like to find out is there a work around or any thing i can do so that my open price item can reflect the discount portion correctly? Thank you for your time.
  • tiancai1986
    New User
    New User

by tiancai1986 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:38 am

Thank yo for assisting. The issue has been solve.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:43 am

Glad to hear it.
    tiancai1986 wrote:Thank yo for assisting. The issue has been solve.
Post Reply 6 posts Page 1 of 1