Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1
Clean/Fresh Database
  • tiancai1986
    New User
    New User

Clean/Fresh Database

by tiancai1986 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:28 am

Hi admin

I am attempting to try up retail edge. During installation, I realized that system come with preset sample data. Using purge function, I am able to remove some of the data, but I am still stuck with some customer which was unable to delete from system.

Is there anyway I can totally clear off all sample data and start off with a clean db?
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Clean/Fresh Database

by RetailEdge Moderator » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:53 am

RetailEdge comes with 3 databases.

RetailEdgeData
    RetailEdgeData_Demo
    RetailEdgeData_Train

Each of these can be used for different reasons. However, by default the installation and demo is pointing to the Demo database. Once you are ready to start adding your own data, you can point it to the RetailEdgeData database.

To do this you would choose Server Connection from the Tools | Settings menu option. Then just change the DB name to RetailEdgeData from RetailEdgeData_Demo.

You might want to make a backup of the RetailEdgeData database before you start entering data or periodically during entering data so that you can go back to a particular point if you make a mistake.

Please take a look at this post for more.

http://www.retailedge.com/phpBB/viewtop ... 771&p=2479

tiancai1986 wrote:Hi admin

I am attempting to try up retail edge. During installation, I realized that system come with preset sample data. Using purge function, I am able to remove some of the data, but I am still stuck with some customer which was unable to delete from system.

Is there anyway I can totally clear off all sample data and start off with a clean db?
  • tiancai1986
    New User
    New User

Re: Clean/Fresh Database

by tiancai1986 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:20 am

Dear Admin. This issue has been resolved
Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1