Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hamachi and RetailEdge
  • mothersheart
    New User
    New User

Hamachi and RetailEdge

by mothersheart » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:43 pm

How do I configure RetailEdge standard, not Island, to work through Hamachi? I have Hamachi up and running on the remote stores and the main server. Now were do I enter the IP addresses in RetailEdge to make use of the VPN?

Thanks
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Hamachi and RetailEdge

by RetailEdge Moderator » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:43 pm

Are you using Hamachi on your LAN or are you using Hamachi to create a secure tunnel across your WAN.

You should not be using RetailEdge to point to a data server across the WAN. In a multi-location or even in a single location using an Island, the RetailEdge clients should be pointing to the data server in that location. Typically this is a 192 or 10. series IP address. In an island by definition should be pointing to the local IP (127.0.0.1) and using the Island Synchronization to synch up the changes for the Island.

The IP address of the main RECON server needs to be put in the Island Workstation Settings for the workstation (workstation settings from the Tools menu) or in the retailedge.ini located in the RECON client folder (typically c:\program files (x86)\high meadow business solutions\RECON 4\Client).

This is really the beauty of how we designed island and our multi-location POS synchronization. RetailEdge is always talking to its local server in a location and RECON sychronizes the data in the background. If the internet goes down, your business can still run since it is working locally, and RECON (or the Island) will synchronize the data when it can.

Hope this helps.
Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1