Post Reply 4 posts Page 1 of 1
Adding Vendor in Retail Edge
  • Iyanu
    New User
    New User

Adding Vendor in Retail Edge

by Iyanu » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:05 am

I am unable to make a simple sale without all the information that is required. Is it possible to make a simple sale in RE???????? :oops: The Vendor drop down is empty and when I want to modify it will not allow me. Even adding a new vendor is not allowed . All you see is the drop down which you can not modify. Please Help
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Adding Vendor in Retail Edge

by RetailEdge Moderator » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:25 am

I'm not sure what you are trying to do but here is some information that might help you.

1. If you are trying to create a new inventory item and need a new vendor to associate with the new item, you will need to create the vendors. This can be done by choosing vendor from the Inventory menu and then pressing the Add button or pressing ctrl-alt-V.

2. There are ways to ring in sales in RetailEdge without having to setup all of your inventory. One way is to press 0 on the Sales Screen Item tab in the Find Item box. This is how you sell what we call a non-entered item. You can also create only a few Department SKUs in your inventory. This will allow you to sell out of a specific department and RetailEdge will ask you for a price for each item. If you want more information on Non-entered sales or Department SKUs, just choose Help Contents from the RetailEdge Help menu and do a search on these terms. This can significantly speed up selling items out of RetailEdge before you have had time to create inventory.

Iyanu wrote:I am unable to make a simple sale without all the information that is required. Is it possible to make a simple sale in RE???????? :oops: The Vendor drop down is empty and when I want to modify it will not allow me. Even adding a new vendor is not allowed . All you see is the drop down which you can not modify. Please Help
  • Iyanu
    New User
    New User

by Iyanu » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:14 pm

There is no where in the help that says press "0" may be i missed it. As for the Menu when you select sales. The frame comes up with all your entries for your customer or options to bypass or look up. Then you have this vendor situation an say add a vendor These options are in red but it will not allow any input. Our situation is that we have to have the store open and at least for now select sale, scan the item, manually input the price and have the tax calculated. :oops: How difficult can this be on RE!!!!
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:10 pm

A few things that might help you.

1. You can have RetailEdge bypass the customer information screen by choosing Workstations from the Tools | Settings menu. Then edit/modify the workstation you on and on the Misc. choose Sales Screen: Skip Customer (Land on Items Tab). Then when you ring in a sale, RetailEdge will start on the Items tab ready to start scanning items or manually entering them.

2. If your Sales Screen is not calculating tax you need to do the following:
    a. If you have not already done so, create a sales tax jurisdiction by selecting Tax Juridictions from the Tools menu and then Adding a new jurisdiction.
    b. Apply the Tax Jurisdiction to your location. Choose Locations from the Tools | Settings menu and then edit/modify your location. On the Misc tab press the Edit Default Sales Tax Juridictions button and then add the jurisdiction you created to the Current Jurisdiction list.

3. If you are scanning items, your items need to be in your inventory. Items in your inventory will have a price and a cost associated with them so when you sell the item by scanning the barcode the item will simply be added to the sales screen. If you want to have an item that's price changes all the time and want to manually input the price each time, I would recommend the use of a Department SKU. These forum topics explain the department SKUs in more detail

http://www.retailedge.com/phpBB/viewtop ... 617&p=1943
    http://www.retailedge.com/phpBB/viewtop ... 1660&p=204

4. Listed below is a topic from the help on the nonentered item (Entering 0) from the Help.

Selling an Item Not in the Inventory (Non-Entered Item)

If you need to sell an item that has not been created in inventory yet or that you don't want to create an item for, you can sell a non-entered item. To sell a non-entered item:

1. Type a zero in the Find Items box on the Item tab of the Sales Screen.

2. Type in the price of the item being sold and optionally a description, department and quantity.

3. When you are finished adding items to the Sales Screen, press the Go To Pmt button.

4. Place the amount paid in the appropriate payment media on the Payment Tab and press the Post Sale button. This will complete the sale, print out a receipt, and open the cash drawer (if you have one).

Note: If you assign a department to the non-entered item, the item's cost (for sales reports) will be determined by the department's Average Margin. If you do not assign a department to the non-entered item, the item's cost will be determined by the non-entered margin set in the Register Options. A non-entered item's sales tax will default to the values set on the Register Options for a particular location.
    Iyanu wrote:There is no where in the help that says press "0" may be i missed it. As for the Menu when you select sales. The frame comes up with all your entries for your customer or options to bypass or look up. Then you have this vendor situation an say add a vendor These options are in red but it will not allow any input. Our situation is that we have to have the store open and at least for now select sale, scan the item, manually input the price and have the tax calculated. :oops: How difficult can this be on RE!!!!
Post Reply 4 posts Page 1 of 1