Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1
Printer Issues
  • aj_adkins

Printer Issues

by aj_adkins » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:05 am

We are converting from 7.5 to 8.0. We have 2 workstations and we would like to use one receipt and report printer connected to the server workstation. I can print to both using the windows test page option, but when I try with RE I received the following error: UNABLE TO ACCESS DEVICE \\READYSETGROW_1\Generic/ Text only PLEASE CHECK CONFIGURATION IN TOOLS OPTIONS.

I don't see the "TOOLS OPTIONS" box. But I checked the TOOLS WORKSTATION and it looks okay.

All other functions appear normal. I can ping, and the database functions appear okay.

Thanks
    John
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Printer Issues

by RetailEdge Moderator » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:05 pm

The first thing to try is to make sure that the setting in RetailEdge is the same as the printer in the printer folder. One way to do this is to:

1. Rename the printer in the printer folders, to something like "Receipt Printer for RetailEdge".
    2. Restart RetailEdge
    3. Edit the workstation printer settings. This should be done on the workstation that you are trying to print from. When you select the printer, you should be able to see the "Receipt Printer for RetailEdge".
    4. Do a Windows test print.
    5. If the Windows test print works, then choose a sale from the Sales Manager and reprint the receipt.

aj_adkins wrote:We are converting from 7.5 to 8.0. We have 2 workstations and we would like to use one receipt and report printer connected to the server workstation. I can print to both using the windows test page option, but when I try with RE I received the following error: UNABLE TO ACCESS DEVICE \\READYSETGROW_1\Generic/ Text only PLEASE CHECK CONFIGURATION IN TOOLS OPTIONS.

I don't see the "TOOLS OPTIONS" box. But I checked the TOOLS WORKSTATION and it looks okay.

All other functions appear normal. I can ping, and the database functions appear okay.

Thanks
    John
Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1