Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1
Can't view reports? Looking for printer?
  • clotheshorse
    New User
    New User

Can't view reports? Looking for printer?

by clotheshorse » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:57 am

After successfully loading 8.0 on my laptop, I want to view reports but program is looking for an installed printer. My laptop has no installed printer? How do I adjust settings so that I can view various reports on the screen, not print them?
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Can't view reports? Looking for printer?

by RetailEdge Moderator » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:19 am

RetailEdge has to have a printer installed on your computer in order to run reports. This is simply because all of the reports are presented/viewed in the Report Viewer before being printed. And in order to properly view reports, the Report Viewer needs to have information about the printer and its setup in order to properly present the information to the Viewer.

If you don't have a printer connected to your computer and you want to run reports, the simplest thing to do is:

1. Open your Windows Printers Folder from the Windows Control Panel.
    2. Add a new printer.
    3. When Windows asks you what type of printer/printer driver you are trying to install, select Generic from the Manufacturer box and Generic/Text Only from the Printers box.
    4. Then in RetailEdge modify your Workstation settings from the Tools|Settings Menu.
    5. The on the Report Tab choose the newly installed Generic/Text Only Printer.

RetailEdge should then be able to view these reports to screen in the Report Viewer.
Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1