Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1
How Do I Drop Ship Items using RetailEdge?
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

How Do I Drop Ship Items using RetailEdge?

by RetailEdge Moderator » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:25 am

I want to ship the item from location B. In this case it will be a vendor.

I have discovered that my employees have been using the inventory of location A even though it does not physically leave location A.

This throws off my inventory for reordering by creating a PO using the Min/Max feature.

Thus I end up with extra items.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: How Do I Drop Ship Items using RetailEdge?

by RetailEdge Moderator » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:26 am

There are a few ways you can handle drop-shipping in RetailEdge. But here is one way that might work for you

1. Simply sell the items you want to drop-ship as you normally would. Enter the ship to for the sale to the customer's ship to address. When you select ship this sale, it will associate the customer's tax jurisdiction allowing you to automatically calculate the proper sales tax for the sale. The sale will negatively adjust your inventory quantities.

2. Create a Purchase Order for the items you are ordering from the vendor and are drop shipping. You can do this quickly by opening up the Sales Manager, finding the Sale you just created, selecting the item or items you are drop shipping, and pressing the Copy to PO button. This will allow you to create a new PO or add to an existing PO. Purchase orders will allow you to select the Ship To address and you can select a Ship To address from existing customer Ship To addresses.

3. When you are auto-generating POs based on minimums and maximums, one of the options you can select is to have Include On-Order Quantities in Calculation when calculating the quantities to add to a POs.

You would want to check this box so that the negative adjustment that happens when you sell an item, does not impact this process (making you order more than you normally would).

4. Receive the products off the purchase order when you have confirmed that the items have been shipped and received. This will properly adjust your inventory items back to their proper level (since you actually did not remove the item(s) from your inventory).
    RetailEdge Moderator wrote:I want to ship the item from location B. In this case it will be a vendor.

I have discovered that my employees have been using the inventory of location A even though it does not physically leave location A.

This throws off my inventory for reordering by creating a PO using the Min/Max feature.

Thus I end up with extra items.
Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1