It is very easy in RetailEdge to make large changes to your inventory prices and costs.
To do this:
1. Choose Import from the Tools Menu
2. Choose an Inventory (CSV) import and press the Next button
3. Select the file to import. Many times this is a file that your vendor has provided with the new price and cost information. If the file is an Excel file and not a CSV (Comma Separated Values) you simply need to open the file in Excel and save it as a CSV file format. Then select the Import Type: Inventory: Update/Replace existing records only (not quantity) and press the Next button.
4. Select the key field for the import. For instance if your vendor file uses the same identifier as your Stock Number, choose Stock Number. Or if you have a stock number that varies from the Vendor's number but have a Vendor Part Number in the Part Number - Vendor field, select this option.
Then select whether you want to update Purchase Order price information, Open Purchase Order price information and whether you want to update prices for all ALL locations or just your current location in a multi-location operation. Then press the Next button.
5. Select the fields you want to import/update. If you are just doing a price update, select your key field and the name of the field in the import file and then the prices you want to update. You can also update your last cost field so that it is available for future orders. Then press the Next button.
6. Press the Start Import Process button and RetailEdge will update all the selected field in your inventory.
Note: As with any large scale data change, you should make a backup first. RetailEdge can quickly make changes to data if you want, but if you make a mistake, you will want to have a way to get back to the original data.