Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1
Label Printing from PO
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

Label Printing from PO

by glowfish » Wed May 21, 2014 10:29 am

Sometimes not all of the items on a PO need labels. The button right now will only print all of the labels. Could we make it so we can select items from the PO, not the inventory main list, and then print just those labels? It is difficult to hand pick each item from the inventory list and would be much quicker from the PO screen. I have been deleting and then adding back items but this takes a long time and I risk forgetting to add them back.
    Thank you!
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Label Printing from PO

by RetailEdge Moderator » Thu May 22, 2014 8:12 pm

First question would be: Why are you printing labels from the PO. Although this is an option, the typical way of printing labels is by receiving the items that you are receiving off the PO and then pressing the Labels button on the toolbar. This will print a label for all items being received.

The reason we do it this way is because then you can go tag all the items that you are receiving and then use the labels to triple check that you receiving the correct number of items. If you have one too many or too few you know you have not received the ordered amount and can make the corrections to receiving quantities before you update the items into inventory.

The other thing you can do once the items are in receiving is select the ones that you want to print labels for and then press the Labels button located on the side of the receiving list. This will allow you to select how many of each label you want to print. And using the dropdown you can easily print the quantity in receiving, one of each item (good for shelf tag items when repricing or putting new items out). You can also set everything to zero then select only a few to print labels for.

If you still must print labels for items on a Purchase Order prior to receiving and don't want to print them all, simply receive the items you want to print tags for. Then when they are in the receiving file, print the label button on the toolbar. Then delete all the items from the Receiving file. That is the beauty of the Receiving file. It is just like a scratch pad that you add and remove item from without effecting the inventory.
    glowfish wrote:Sometimes not all of the items on a PO need labels. The button right now will only print all of the labels. Could we make it so we can select items from the PO, not the inventory main list, and then print just those labels? It is difficult to hand pick each item from the inventory list and would be much quicker from the PO screen. I have been deleting and then adding back items but this takes a long time and I risk forgetting to add them back.
    Thank you!
Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1