Post Reply 1 post Page 1 of 1
How do I get my Honeywell barcode scanner to work?
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

How do I get my Honeywell barcode scanner to work?

by RetailEdge Moderator » Wed May 23, 2012 9:05 pm

You should not have to do anything to your barcode scanner to work with RetailEdge. We place a great emphasis on having a good out of box experience. So most of the scanners we sell you should be able to plug into a USB port and have it work.

However, lately the Honeywell with many of their scanners is starting to change the way that they ship their scanners. In the past the scanners we worked with had a carriage return programmed into the scanner so that when the device was finished scanning, it would put a carriage return (enter, return) on the end. This is how RetailEdge would know that the scan was complete and would be ready for another scan. Now many of the Honeywell scanners are not coming preprogrammed with carriage return. That means that you will have to program this into the scanner yourself.

It is not that hard and for the scanners we sell most of (Voyager 1200g, Voyager 1202, Hyperion 1300g, Xenon 1900, etc.) you just need to scan one barcode from the manual that comes with the scanner. The good news is that it is the same barcode for all these scanners.

For your convenience we have attached the barcode you need here.

ftp://ftp.highmeadow.com/pub/Misc/Honey ... Suffix.pdf
Post Reply 1 post Page 1 of 1