Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1
How Do I Install a PINPad to work with RetailEdge
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

How Do I Install a PINPad to work with RetailEdge

by RetailEdge Moderator » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:22 am

RetailEdge works with the Verifone SE1000. This device is usually has a USB connection but can also have a Serial Connection.

If it is a USB device you will need a driver that will install a virtual com port.

The driver is on our FTP site and is named PL2303_Driver_PinPad_Updated.zip. Unzip the file and then read the instructions. There is a program exe in the file that should install the drivers you need. This can be found here:

ftp://ftp.highmeadow.com/pub/Support/

When you run the exe you should right click and run as an administrator. And the driver should be installed BEFORE the PINPad is plugged in.

Once you run the enclosed utilities you should see a COM Port created in the device manager. You must use COM1 - 8.

In the same directory as the driver there is a file called Test_Verifone Utility (Test_Verifone.zip). Download this file and this should allow you to determine if you are actually communicating with the device through the COM port.

Once the device is up and running in Windows you need to take the following steps to let RetailEdge know that you are using a PINPad and which COM port you are using.

1. Go to Tools|Settings|Workstations
    2. Modify the Workstation
    3. Go to the Credit Card (1 of 2) Tab
    4. Press the Debit Card Settings button and change the Serial/Com value to the COM port that the PINPad is on.
    Andy
    Developer
    Developer

Re: How Do I Install a PINPad to work with RetailEdge

by Andy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:15 pm

The contents of the driver zip file can be a little confusing. If you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7, please look for the "Vista Driver" folder. In the "Vista Driver", you'll find another zip file. Expand this zip file and then use the Vista_Installer.exe program.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: How Do I Install a PINPad to work with RetailEdge

by RetailEdge Moderator » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:08 pm

There is a new driver on support.

PL2303_Driver_PinPad_Updated.zip

Unzip the file and then read the instructions. There is a program exe in the file that should install the drivers you need.
Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1