Post Reply 1 post Page 1 of 1
What if I am processing credit cards and lose my internet
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

What if I am processing credit cards and lose my internet

by RetailEdge Moderator » Fri May 01, 2009 11:04 am

This from our partner PPI which seems to be an easy inexpensive solution.

Dial Backup Connection: A Quick and Easy Fix

One of the common questions we receive from merchants has to do with the options available to process transactions when their usual Internet connection is not working. Whether it's due to a local ISP that is down, a back office router that is on the fritz or, heaven forbid, an employee streaming enough college basketball games to bring down the whole connection, a merchant has options when their high-speed connection is broken.

Because a credit card transaction contains such a small amount of data, any type of Internet connection—even a dial-up connection—can handle the transfer of data without slowing the transaction or experiencing degradation of the transaction. Many merchants simply load a dial backup connection to their back office server and if they experience an Internet outage, they quickly re-establish their connection to the Internet using their dial-up service. There are a number of low cost dial-up options and almost anyone who has a high speed connection is also eligible for dial connectivity to their ISP at little to no extra cost. Once the dial-up connection is established, the merchant is able to process as usual.
Post Reply 1 post Page 1 of 1