Post Reply 1 post Page 1 of 1
How Do I Export My Customer E-Mail Addresses.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

How Do I Export My Customer E-Mail Addresses.

by RetailEdge Moderator » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:36 pm

To be able to send your customers either mailings or e-mails you should do the following:

1. Choose Export from the Tools menu in RetailEdge.

2. Press the Next button on the Wizard.

3. Choose either Customer - Sales Summary and press the Next button

4. Choose ASCII Export file type and press the Next button

5. Choose a file location for the file. The Open Folder button to the right of the File Name field to more easily Name the file and Save it where you can find it again. Then press the Next button.

6. Press the Start Export Process Button. This will display the filtering screen. You can filter by any number of criteria (Sales Date Range, Customer location information, Inventory Criteria, Department, Vendor and Customer Sales Profit, Price, Quantity, etc.)

7. Press Ok to start the Export.

An ASCII file can easily be opened in Excel and columns stripped and added as necessary. Be careful to specify the Zip Code field to be Text and not general because otherwise Excel will strip out leading 0s.

This file can be used for all sorts of things and typical file format necessary for a mailing house if you are using this type of service for your mailings, or can be imported into a mail merge document if you are doing it yourself with a program like Microsoft Word. This file will also contain the customer's e-mail addresses so you could simply upload this to a list server or e-mail program like Mail Chimp (http://www.mailchimp.com).
Post Reply 1 post Page 1 of 1