Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1
Receipt Printers
  • Jubili
    New User
    New User

Receipt Printers

by Jubili » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:06 pm

I've successfully uninstalled and re-installed RetailEdge without any problems, thank you for the advise! However, a new issue has popped up: When I enter items into the Sales screen, the item information prints on the receipt printer as I enter it into the computer, and the items show up one right after the other in a sort of jumbled paragraph of item #s, descriptions, and prices. I tried playing with the controls of the receipt printer, including checking the "No Receipt Printer" box in Tools > Options, but it still prints 1 line at a time, one item after the other.

The receipt printer that we are using is a Star SP-200, And normally I'd turn it off and turn it on again (hoping that would ultimately fix the problem), but we've had problems with the printer not turning back on again, so I'd rather not do that.

Thank you for your time.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Receipt Printers

by RetailEdge Moderator » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:39 pm

Since a printer works through a windows printer driver typically and we don't send any information to the printer until the sale is posted it sounds like something else is going on. The device we do send information to during a sale when items are being entered is the pole display. So my guess is that you are actually using a serial printer and have the pole display to use the same port. If you have the ports set differently in RetailEdge you might have some sort of conflict going on in your computer where the serial ports are using the same resources.

Let us know if this does not solve it for you.
    Jubili wrote:I've successfully uninstalled and re-installed RetailEdge without any problems, thank you for the advise! However, a new issue has popped up: When I enter items into the Sales screen, the item information prints on the receipt printer as I enter it into the computer, and the items show up one right after the other in a sort of jumbled paragraph of item #s, descriptions, and prices. I tried playing with the controls of the receipt printer, including checking the "No Receipt Printer" box in Tools > Options, but it still prints 1 line at a time, one item after the other.

The receipt printer that we are using is a Star SP-200, And normally I'd turn it off and turn it on again (hoping that would ultimately fix the problem), but we've had problems with the printer not turning back on again, so I'd rather not do that.

Thank you for your time.
  • Jubili
    New User
    New User

Re: Receipt Printers

by Jubili » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:06 pm

That fixed it! Thanks so much for your help!
Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1