Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1
error message
  • Jubili
    New User
    New User

error message

by Jubili » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:06 pm

When I open up Retail Edge, I get this message: "An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland Database Engine (error $2108)". I saw the answer to another question concerning the Borland Database Engine, and I tried searching for the BDEADMIN.EXE file, and couldn't find it on my computer. It's possible I accidentally deleted it while trying to clean out my harddrive.

If I uninstall RetailEdge and reinstall it, will this fix the problem? Thanks for your time.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: error message

by RetailEdge Moderator » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:13 pm

If BDEAdmin is gone then it is quite possible that you deleted it. However, also check to see that the BDE Admin does not show up in your comtrol panel for windows.

A reinstall might take care of it. Worth a try. Make a backup first. You can do this by simply copying out the data folder (usually c:\program files\retailedge 7.5 but sometimes can be c:\data). We can always help you out with a phone call, but there would be a charge for the call.

Let us know how it goes.
    Jubili wrote:When I open up Retail Edge, I get this message: "An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland Database Engine (error $2108)". I saw the answer to another question concerning the Borland Database Engine, and I tried searching for the BDEADMIN.EXE file, and couldn't find it on my computer. It's possible I accidentally deleted it while trying to clean out my harddrive.

If I uninstall RetailEdge and reinstall it, will this fix the problem? Thanks for your time.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: error message

by RetailEdge Moderator » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:33 am

We longer support Version 7.5 and this is really related to the Borland Database Engine. Could be lots of things. Maybe you can find something about this on the web, but other than that I can't help you out.
    Jubili wrote:When I open up Retail Edge, I get this message: "An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland Database Engine (error $2108)". I saw the answer to another question concerning the Borland Database Engine, and I tried searching for the BDEADMIN.EXE file, and couldn't find it on my computer. It's possible I accidentally deleted it while trying to clean out my harddrive.

Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1