Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1
Vista & Retail Edge 7.5
  • ter2514
    New User
    New User

Vista & Retail Edge 7.5

by ter2514 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:16 pm

I have to admit that I didn't want to go to Windows Vista. However, it is no longer something we were able to avoid. In doing so, I cannot use my Retail Edge application. Is there any work around so we do not have to upgrade to version 8?
    Thx
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Vista & Retail Edge 7.5

by RetailEdge Moderator » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:36 am

We have had some customers run RetailEdge 7.5 on a Vista machine. However these customers are pretty sophisticated and spent a lot of time getting it to work. The issues don't just include RetailEdge and also revolve around drivers for peripheral devices etc.

We don't know all of the issues involved and so can't recommend using RetailEdge 7.5 on Vista or even supporting it on Vista.

So your only real option is to upgrade to 8.0 or spend a lot of time (and I think frustration) trying to get it to work on Vista.

ter2514 wrote:I have to admit that I didn't want to go to Windows Vista. However, it is no longer something we were able to avoid. In doing so, I cannot use my Retail Edge application. Is there any work around so we do not have to upgrade to version 8?
    Thx
Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1