Post Reply 5 posts Page 1 of 1
I need help running a report
  • baitshop3542
    New User
    New User

I need help running a report

by baitshop3542 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:07 am

Not sure if this option has been removed. But in the last few years I have been able to run an inventory vendor/item value for the year. I was able to select a date range, Which vendors I wanted and it would give me a print out on 1 sheet of paper telling me the vendor item totals and total cost of items. Then it would add it all up and give me a grand total. Can you help me out. I need to know my inventory cost for the last year.

Thanks
  • baitshop3542
    New User
    New User

Re: I need help running a report

by baitshop3542 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:28 am

Thanks for the reply! I've only been waiting 2 weeks..
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:04 am

Sorry for the delay. We have been focusing on our new website and so this has taken precedence. However you should always feel free to either e-mail sales or support for answers to more immediate questions.

In answer to your question, I think you are looking for a inventory category report. Category reports will group your totals by the selected category. In your case Vendor, but we also do Department, Class, Department & Class, Vendor & Department, etc.

baitshop3542 wrote:Not sure if this option has been removed. But in the last few years I have been able to run an inventory vendor/item value for the year. I was able to select a date range, Which vendors I wanted and it would give me a print out on 1 sheet of paper telling me the vendor item totals and total cost of items. Then it would add it all up and give me a grand total. Can you help me out. I need to know my inventory cost for the last year.

Thanks
  • baitshop3542
    New User
    New User

by baitshop3542 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:29 pm

Yes that is the correct report. But what I need is to be able to select the "date range" like I was able to do before. Not "as of date" The date range looks to have been taken out as an option! I liked the option where I could select say Jan 1st 2016 to Dec 31st 2016. Is there a way to be able to do that?
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:19 pm

I don't think there has ever been a date rang on a straight inventory report. I am not even sure what it would mean to say that you have an inventory of X amount within a date range. You might be thinking of the Compound by Category report. This report does have a date range but the date range applies only to sales and receiving.

Hope that helps.
    baitshop3542 wrote:Yes that is the correct report. But what I need is to be able to select the "date range" like I was able to do before. Not "as of date" The date range looks to have been taken out as an option! I liked the option where I could select say Jan 1st 2016 to Dec 31st 2016. Is there a way to be able to do that?
Post Reply 5 posts Page 1 of 1