Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1
Year End Inventory Instructions
  • Vapors
    New User
    New User

Year End Inventory Instructions

by Vapors » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:34 pm

Hi, I was wondering if there was any changes to the Year End Inventory instructions I found in a forum post from 2008 http://www.retailedge.com/phpBB/viewtop ... tory#p1949

We've only been using RetailEdge since May, and haven't done a full year end inventory in this software yet. Is everyone using the iOS app with a bluetooth scanner, printing out and manually writing/counting using the physical report printouts, or using a handheld barcode scanner with inventory functionality?

What is the least painful way to do the year end inventory in RetailEdge? I have about 5306 sku numbers in our system, not counting the multiples of products, and stuff we don't carry anymore. If it's using a scanner, can someone recommend a bluetooth one that has inventory functions so it could work with an iPad?

Since we've been using the Zebra printer for barcodes, I noticed the barcodes print out the item ID and not the actual sku. Will this have any affect when importing this in?
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Year End Inventory Instructions

by RetailEdge Moderator » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:15 pm

Those instructions pretty much outline the process. If you are using one of the physical inventory collection devices from Cipherlab, we have some specific information about how to work with these devices here..

There are lots of ways to collect the data, from the old way of going through your store with sheets and marking up what you have to using one of the Cipherlab devices. RetailEdge's PICs collection file can accept direct input from a handheld device so sometimes people just go around with a laptop or tablet and scan the items in. Or you can create an Excel spreadsheet of your items, and quantities and import this too.

The PICs import mechanism is smart enough to recognize an item by lots of different identifiers much like our sales screen. So Stock Number, Item Number, UPC1 or UPC2.

Let us know if you have more questions or nee anything else. If you need more immediate instruction and training, we can setup a time to do that for you as well.
    Vapors wrote:Hi, I was wondering if there was any changes to the Year End Inventory instructions I found in a forum post from 2008 http://www.retailedge.com/phpBB/viewtop ... tory#p1949

We've only been using RetailEdge since May, and haven't done a full year end inventory in this software yet. Is everyone using the iOS app with a bluetooth scanner, printing out and manually writing/counting using the physical report printouts, or using a handheld barcode scanner with inventory functionality?

What is the least painful way to do the year end inventory in RetailEdge? I have about 5306 sku numbers in our system, not counting the multiples of products, and stuff we don't carry anymore. If it's using a scanner, can someone recommend a bluetooth one that has inventory functions so it could work with an iPad?

Since we've been using the Zebra printer for barcodes, I noticed the barcodes print out the item ID and not the actual sku. Will this have any affect when importing this in?
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

Re: Year End Inventory Instructions

by glowfish » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:15 am

So we are gearing up to inventory the store and this post has me intrigued. I need to get a better grasp of what we have in our store. We have been a little loose with keeping good records. Where can I find out more about this cipherlab? Is there a function within Retailedge where I could use a cart and my island and scanner to update info? I need it to be quick and thorough. I am tired of printing lists, checkin gthings off and then not having them be physically changed in the system. Is there a way to scan a shelf full of different items and then have this information uploaded so it changed/corrects our inventory? If there is something I need to purchase I would like to do so before the end of the year.
    Thanks!
Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1