Post Reply 9 posts Page 1 of 1
Customer info missing from island
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

Customer info missing from island

by glowfish » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:08 am

Hello
    We recently had data on the main but not on the island regarding customer info. We did an update/sync? something that filled holes I believe. We only went back to the date the last customer who was missing which was only 2 months previous. Well this customer was last in 2 years ago! How can I make sure that all of the data is synced? Is there a way to move the info from the main to the island without having to do anything to invasive?
    Thanks
    Vanessa
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Customer info missing from island

by RetailEdge Moderator » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:13 pm

It should be easy to do. Just choose Island Reset from the Tools|RetailEdge Island menu item, select the date you want to reset back to (in your case a couple of years), then select the table(s) you want to synch (in your case customer).

glowfish wrote:Hello
    We recently had data on the main but not on the island regarding customer info. We did an update/sync? something that filled holes I believe. We only went back to the date the last customer who was missing which was only 2 months previous. Well this customer was last in 2 years ago! How can I make sure that all of the data is synced? Is there a way to move the info from the main to the island without having to do anything to invasive?
    Thanks
    Vanessa
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

by glowfish » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:48 pm

When I look at the log viewer it says the reset is complete but it happened almost immediately and there don't seem to be any changes.
    What next?
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

by glowfish » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:52 pm

So the retrieve data is taking awhile so I am going to hope that is because the information for customers is being transfered. If so it is awesome that it is doing the reset in the background and that I can still use the register.
    I will let you know if we have achieved success!
    Hope you are all having a great weekend
    :P
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:32 am

That is most likely what is happening. If you have gotten "gapped" which can sometimes infrequently happen. The reset needs to check every Master Record with the Islands records to make sure there are all there. If you pick a large date range and have a large amount of data this could take some time.

It is a background process and so should allow you to continue to run RetailEdge until it has finished doing what it needs to do. You might see some slowness if you are trying to post a record and the reset finds a record it needs to post in too. But over all you should be able to work and should have those missing records back at the end of the process.

glowfish wrote:So the retrieve data is taking awhile so I am going to hope that is because the information for customers is being transferred. If so it is awesome that it is doing the reset in the background and that I can still use the register.
    I will let you know if we have achieved success!
    Hope you are all having a great weekend
    :P
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

by glowfish » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:26 pm

It didn't work. I am thinking it wasn't really running. Is there a way to check? The missing customer is still only on one machine and not on the island. Of course it is super busy right now and people are freaking out that their customer information is not in the machine. Any suggestions?
    Anthony

by Anthony » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:12 am

Hi Vanessa, If you modify the customer on the workstation where the data exists and just select save does the customer make it over to your Island?
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

by glowfish » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:32 pm

Nope
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

by glowfish » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:50 pm

I changed the city of the customer and saved. Nothing shows up for that name on the island. I have tried to do an island reset for customer but nothing.
    I did this on both the island and the main after it didn't work on the island.
    THanks. I want to make sure customer info and inventory are up to date. I am going to give PICS a try and want to make sure we are starting fresh.
Post Reply 9 posts Page 1 of 1