Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1
How Do I Track Return Authorizations
  • RetailEdge User
    New User
    New User

How Do I Track Return Authorizations

by RetailEdge User » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:44 am

Is there a way to issue Return Authorization numbers in Retail Edge for product being shipped back to us?
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: How Do I Track Return Authorizations

by RetailEdge Moderator » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:51 am

Thats a good one. RMAs are pretty typical for product being sent back to the vendor and for vendor returns, you would issue a negative Purchase Order. But when it comes to returns to your store or business you should probably do the following:

Assuming you are not issuing credits until the product has been returned. If that is the case then build the return out as a sales quote. From here you could either use the ticket number of the saved sale or maybe reference a PO# and use something like RMA-10-20-16-1. Basically using a simple code where you use today’s date and add a -1 or -2 after it depending on how many returns you are issuing a day.

Then once the product arrives you can post out the saved sale and have record of the return and from there it's up to you if the product is going back tot he vendor or being resold at a discount.

Hope that helps.
    RetailEdge User wrote:Is there a way to issue Return Authorization numbers in Retail Edge for product being shipped back to us?
Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1