Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1
Adding matrix items to PO
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

Adding matrix items to PO

by glowfish » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:50 pm

Hello,
    I created a PO and added items using the matrix function. I noticed I needed one more of an item and tried typing in the stock number to add it. I also clicked on the item and tried changing the quantity.
    BOth ways gave an error saying the child something was missing.
    Is there something I am missing?
    Thanks,
    Vanessa
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Adding matrix items to PO

by RetailEdge Moderator » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:16 am

RetailEdge does allow you to create lots of children from a single parent item. The parent is really just a template of sorts that allows you to create and modify lots of items very quickly. So for instance, if I wanted to create an manage a particular pant style I might create a parent stock number for the style (e.g., 501Jean) and then associate a particular matrix definition with this parent (jean matrix that has 3 dimensions, Waist, Inseam, Color). This allows me to create a large number of items with a single button click when I save this item. In this case, it might allow me to create Jean501 with waist sizes from 29-40, inseam from 28-38, and colors of blue and black. This equates to creating potentially over 150 items very quickly.

The children that get created are associated with this matrix parent and each have inseam, waist and color as a part of their inventory record. You can see this if you edit the item and look to the bottom of the General tab on the item editor. So if you created an item Jean501 30 31 Blue, you should see that the item has a parent name, matrix definition and a Waist, Inseam and Color associated with it. You should make sure that the appropriate matrix sizes were associate with this particular item. It is easy enough to quickly select a matrix size to this particular after the fact if it did not get correctly assigned.

Let us know more about what's happening and whether that takes care of the problem for you.
    glowfish wrote:Hello,
    I created a PO and added items using the matrix function. I noticed I needed one more of an item and tried typing in the stock number to add it. I also clicked on the item and tried changing the quantity.
    BOth ways gave an error saying the child something was missing.
    Is there something I am missing?
    Thanks,
    Vanessa
Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1