Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1
Inactive Inventory Item
  • dapr
    New User
    New User

Inactive Inventory Item

by dapr » Thu May 26, 2016 12:05 pm

Is there a way to put an inventory item in an "inactive" status?
    OR
    Is there a way to keep an inventory item from showing up when searching in Inventory Manager (without deleting the item)?

While in Inventory Manager, can I limit the search to inventory type "Stock" (i.e., have it not show "Nonstock" items)?

Or, is there any classification of an item that would "hide" it from the Inventory Manager search?
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Inactive Inventory Item

by RetailEdge Moderator » Thu May 26, 2016 10:35 pm

The way you would do this is to simply delete the item. This does not truly delete it but simply removes it from the list. The item is available for sales reports and historical receiving as well.

In addition you can sell the item on the sales screen. This is useful if someone deleted an item, but the item is on the floor and a customer brings it up to purchase.

If you want to bring it back, just re-receive the item and it will get reactivated.

If you want to show only certain items in the inventory manager, you can try using a filter on the form and for instance only show certain departments or vendors, etc.

Hope that helps
    dapr wrote:Is there a way to put an inventory item in an "inactive" status?
    OR
    Is there a way to keep an inventory item from showing up when searching in Inventory Manager (without deleting the item)?

While in Inventory Manager, can I limit the search to inventory type "Stock" (i.e., have it not show "Nonstock" items)?

Or, is there any classification of an item that would "hide" it from the Inventory Manager search?
Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1