Memorized Reports
  • dapr
    New User
    New User

Memorized Reports

by dapr » Tue May 17, 2016 6:31 pm

Online documentation gives these instructions for memorizing a report:
    1) Run the report you want to memorize.
    2) Press the Memorized Reports tab on the Report Selector.
    3) Press the Save Last Report Button.

I've tried this, and nothing happens when I press the Save Last Report Button.

The particular report I was trying to save was the Sales by Register Summary report. I went to: Reports/Report Selector/Sales/Register-Summary/Sales by Register. Then "OK". On next screen I selected "Today" and removed/added the dates, then "OK". Report runs just fine. Then I clicked on Report Selector and then the Memorized Reports tab, then clicked on Save Last Report. Nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Memorized Reports

by RetailEdge Moderator » Tue May 17, 2016 7:13 pm

It sounds like you are running the report, then opening the Report Manager. When you run a report, the report manager that is already open and will stay open when you run the report. The setting for the report is saved by the Report Manager that is already open. If you open a new instance of the Report Manager, this new instance does not have knowledge of the report that was run. Try pressing the Memorized Report tab on the already open Manager.

Let us know how it goes.
    dapr wrote:Online documentation gives these instructions for memorizing a report:
    1) Run the report you want to memorize.
    2) Press the Memorized Reports tab on the Report Selector.
    3) Press the Save Last Report Button.

I've tried this, and nothing happens when I press the Save Last Report Button.

The particular report I was trying to save was the Sales by Register Summary report. I went to: Reports/Report Selector/Sales/Register-Summary/Sales by Register. Then "OK". On next screen I selected "Today" and removed/added the dates, then "OK". Report runs just fine. Then I clicked on Report Selector and then the Memorized Reports tab, then clicked on Save Last Report. Nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks.
  • dapr
    New User
    New User

by dapr » Tue May 17, 2016 8:28 pm

It worked. I had to move the open screen down to "uncover" the tabs to get to the "Memorized Reports" tab. When I clicked on "Save Last Report", the report name defaulted to the first memorized report already on the list. This was a bit confusing. I changed the name to something appropriate and it saved and worked just fine.
    Thanks for the quick response!
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Thu May 19, 2016 11:10 am

Good news. Let us know if you need more.
Post Reply 4 posts Page 1 of 1