Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1
Labels Printing Off
  • boatsnmotors
    New User
    New User

Labels Printing Off

by boatsnmotors » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:56 am

We're doing a large mailing in the next couple of days and I'm trying to print address labels using Retail Edge's address label feature. No problems in getting labels to print, but all of the labels are printing off. Specifically, they're printing too high. Often the first row or two of labels prints fine, and then the rest creep up off the label.
    Sidenote: when printing our barcode labels, we've been having the same problem on a different computer but using the same printer.
    We're printing on a HP Deskjet 6988, using Avery labels 5160 and Staples brand compatible with Avery 5160.
    When I print out on a regular sheet of paper, the addresses are definitely printing too high.
    Is there a way to adjust the label settings? I know it's possible to export a list into Excel and mail merge and adjust before printing, but being able to print directly from RetailEdge is much easier.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Labels Printing Off

by RetailEdge Moderator » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:09 am

If as the labels go down the sheet they seem to be shifting more across the page, this is what we refer to as printer slip. You can see how to adjust for printer slip here:

http://www.retailedge.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=37.

If the first label is off you should make sure that the labels are exactly the same as the avery labels. When printing to label sheets we need to know the initial offset and so we set it for each label sheet type. If your labels are different from the standard, then everything will be shifted up. You might be able to adjust for this through your Windows printer driver. But each printer is different and so you will just have to see what options you have.

boatsnmotors wrote:We're doing a large mailing in the next couple of days and I'm trying to print address labels using Retail Edge's address label feature. No problems in getting labels to print, but all of the labels are printing off. Specifically, they're printing too high. Often the first row or two of labels prints fine, and then the rest creep up off the label.
    Sidenote: when printing our barcode labels, we've been having the same problem on a different computer but using the same printer.
    We're printing on a HP Deskjet 6988, using Avery labels 5160 and Staples brand compatible with Avery 5160.
    When I print out on a regular sheet of paper, the addresses are definitely printing too high.
    Is there a way to adjust the label settings? I know it's possible to export a list into Excel and mail merge and adjust before printing, but being able to print directly from RetailEdge is much easier.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks!
Post Reply 2 posts Page 1 of 1