by glowfish » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:52 am

Hello
    I've done the following:
    -switched label size in the tools, workstation, label 1, UP jewelry
    -went to printer and under advanced gap is set to .12
    -printer options set to jewelry tag
    -printer stocks jewelry tag highlighted
    -calibrated

If I print 3 labels it does one or two then skips a whole bunch and then flashes red. I unplug from computer and power and then it seems to reset.

How do I get it to print correctly?

Thank you,
    Vanessa
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Switching Labels

by RetailEdge Moderator » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:57 am

One quick question. When you display the label in RetailEdge, does it look like a small label or does the text show up in the corner of an 8 x 11 page?

glowfish wrote:Hello
    I've done the following:
    -switched label size in the tools, workstation, label 1, UP jewelry
    -went to printer and under advanced gap is set to .12
    -printer options set to jewelry tag
    -printer stocks jewelry tag highlighted
    -calibrated

If I print 3 labels it does one or two then skips a whole bunch and then flashes red. I unplug from computer and power and then it seems to reset.

How do I get it to print correctly?

Thank you,
    Vanessa
  • glowfish
    New User
    New User

by glowfish » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:31 pm

It didn't before but now it does. I spent an hour on the phone with Zebra. They reloaded the printer but I think they deleted the stocks. Trying to find out how to reload the stock settings.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:44 pm

• glowfish
    New User
    New User

by glowfish » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:42 pm

An evil loop is occurring when I try to apply settings and send a print job from jobs on the tools printer preferences. Sometimes if it shuts down it will then start up and print fine. I also have found that when you go into retail edge and change the label style it automatically changes the stock in the printer preferences back to the top. There is something not working right. I can get it to work but only by trial and error. It seems like the order in which you apply/calibrate and chose label style in retail edge all matter. If you do it just right and possibly turn off and on the machine in the right order BINGO it will work. This just doesn't seem right. It shouldn't be this difficult. I am putting in all the correct information but for some reason it is getting understood by the printer. If you know the order please let me know. I am about to lose my mind. I have no idea why things are working or not working so the frustration levels are growing.
    RetailEdge Moderator
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

by RetailEdge Moderator » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:31 am

I understand that you have been in contact with Zebra and our technical support on this issue. So hopefully they are going to be able to steer you in the right direction.

glowfish wrote:An evil loop is occurring when I try to apply settings and send a print job from jobs on the tools printer preferences. Sometimes if it shuts down it will then start up and print fine. I also have found that when you go into retail edge and change the label style it automatically changes the stock in the printer preferences back to the top. There is something not working right. I can get it to work but only by trial and error. It seems like the order in which you apply/calibrate and chose label style in retail edge all matter. If you do it just right and possibly turn off and on the machine in the right order BINGO it will work. This just doesn't seem right. It shouldn't be this difficult. I am putting in all the correct information but for some reason it is getting understood by the printer. If you know the order please let me know. I am about to lose my mind. I have no idea why things are working or not working so the frustration levels are growing.
Post Reply 6 posts Page 1 of 1